Elica ointment 30 gm - mometasone furoate.
Mometasone topical is used to relieve redness, swelling, itching, inflammation, and discomfort from various skin conditions, including psoriasis (a skin disease in which red, scaly patches form on some areas of the body) and eczema (a skin disease that causes the skin to be dry, itchy, and sometimes to appear red, scaly rashes).
- It works by activating natural substances in the skin to reduce swelling, redness, and itching.
- Mometasone is a topical corticosteroid medication.
- It is known as a "strong corticosteroid". These medications are applied to the surface of the skin to reduce redness and itching caused by certain skin problems.
- It is used to avoid skin irritation and reduce skin redness, itching and dryness caused by eczema.
- Apply as directed by your doctor, usually a thin layer of medication to the affected area once daily. Rub gently.
- Do not cover the treated area with bandages or other dressings unless directed to do so by your doctor.
- Wash and dry your hands, then squeeze an appropriate amount.
- Spread the cream or ointment in a thin layer over the irritated skin area.
- Carefully smooth it into your skin in the direction of your hair growth.
- Use the cream or ointment on all types of irritated skin, not just on the worst areas.
- Be careful not to apply the cream or ointment to broken skin or cuts.
- Wash your hands afterwards (unless you are treating the skin on your hands).
- Wait at least 10 minutes before using any other creams or ointments.
Warnings and Precautions:
Tell your doctor or pharmacist before using it if you:
- You have ever had an allergic reaction to mometasone or any other medicine in the past.
- Do you have chickenpox or shingles?
- You suffer from acne or rosacea.
- You have a skin infection.
- You have cracks in the skin, cuts, or itchy skin that is not inflamed or red.
- You are trying to conceive, are already pregnant, or are breastfeeding.
- Tell your doctor if your condition does not improve after 2 weeks of treatment, or if it worsens.
- This medicine is for use on certain areas of the skin only:
- Do not use it on the face, groin, or armpits, or for diaper rash, unless directed to do so by your doctor.